Time is TBD|
Live-Love H.O.P.E. House
Bringing Baby Home
A four-week group program for couples experiencing the transition to parenthood starting 5.2.20 and continues every Saturday morning through 5.23.20. Programs run from 9AM to 12PM.
Time & Location
Time is TBD
Live-Love H.O.P.E. House, 231 W Main St, Barrington, IL 60010, USA
About the Event
Programs dates are as follows: TBD
This is a four-week group program for couples experiencing the transition to parenthood. It is appropriate for couples who want to become parents, are pregnant, or already have a baby between the ages of 0-3years. This program is the result of over 40 years of research conducted by Drs. John and Julie Gottman. This group is focused on improving the quality of life for babies and children by strengthening the parental relationship.
The Gottman’s research shows that when couples become parents, there is a significant drop in relationship satisfaction. Further research has shown that the increased relationship discord and conflict has a negative effect on the couples’ children. This doesn’t have to be the case.
This program will help you:
- Increase friendship in your relationship
- Deal effectively with conflict
- Keep dads involved in infant care and parenting
- Improve the quality of parent-infant interactions
- Recognize the psychological and emotional needs of the child
- Co-parent effectively
Also, couples that have participated in this program experienced:
- A significantly lower rate of postpartum mood disorders and depression
- A decrease in relationship hostility
- A higher level of relationship satisfaction
- A decreased likelihood of divorce
$300 per couple which includes program materials.
If mailing a check, send payments to:
Behavioral and Counseling Services,
1095 Pingree Rd, Suite 204, Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Space is limited, so act quickly to save your space! Registration closes April 18th
For questions or more information, please contact Lynn Peterson, LPC: firstname.lastname@example.org
Includes program materials